- Project Duration: 36 months
- Project Main Contractor: Berkeley
- Project Client: Berkeley/Landsec
- Project Architect: Formation Architects
- Project Engineer: Waterman Group
- Blockwork Contractor: Lee Marley Brickwork
This mixed-use development involves the regeneration of the Oval Gas Works and Kennington Lane, creating 1300 homes as well as shops and restaurants.
This was the first project where Berkeley approached Wembley Innovation to adopt Wi Columns as an alternative to the originally proposed structural steel sections and proprietary windposts for blockwork support.
Wembley Innovation proved to Waterman that the Wi Columns would satisfy structural performance requirements and addressed Berkeley’s commercial requirements through structural performance, programme and fire-rating advantages.